Know a developer interested in doing coding that helps change the world for the better? We’re looking for a programmer to help us with PHP-based development on custom projects and on our flagship CMS for nonprofits, Soapbox.
Creative attitude, smarts, and a sense of humor required. Joomla experience a plus. Send letters, resumes, or recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org. The detailed job description’s after the break.
Code for a Cause
PICnet is leading the way in bringing open-source CMS software to non-profit organizations around the country. We’re a small, fast-moving technology firm that knows how to add value to the open-source tools we use, and knows that it’s best to contribute value back to the communities that create that software.
What to bring to the table
We’d love to hear from you if you’re a top-notch PHP programmer who strongly believes that making a difference in the world is important.
- Design, develop, test, and implement flexible and architecturally sound web applications (currently, all of our web applications are built by extending the Joomla! content management system)
- Work with other developers to estimate effort and plan the implementation of products based on requirements documents
- Participate in and help lead design and code reviews
- A passion for open source
- PHP5 Object Oriented development with a solid understanding of MVC, design patterns, and software engineering principles
- MySQL database design and integration
- Experience with source control (SVN)
- Familiarity with the Joomla content management system
- Experience with agile development
- Experience with creating and running unit tests
- Experience with Linux
- Experience working with web service APIs using REST, Soap, or XMLRPC
Of course, we highly encourage sharing with the community. Our developers contribute code to the Joomla! project, our CEO is on the board of the foundation that manages the project, and we participate and lead conferences around the world focused on Joomla!, open-source software, and technology for non-profits. PICnet’s reputation with clients and competitors is outstanding.
The not so fine print
Salary is commensurate with experience. We’re located in Dupont Circle, Washington, DC, and candidates must be able to work in our offices (no outsourced or telecommuting workers).
So, if you think you fit the bill, or know someone who does, please send us your:
- cover letter
- salary history
If the prospect of doing some coding as part of the interview process gets you excited, we definitely want to hear from you.
ATTN: Ben Freda, Director of Operations
Nonprofit news, strategy, and tactics sent straight to your inbox
Sign up for the Soapbox Engage newsletter
This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 21st, 2009 at 4:52 pm and is filed under development, Joomla. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.