Our SnowmageddonCleanUp.com Web site has been an extremely useful way for greater DC area residents to post their snow-related problems and solutions. Now it’s time to focus our energies!
If you’re from a school, church, or synagogue in the greater DC area, post any help you need this weekend for snow clean up, and we’ll crowdsource the community to help you in your efforts!
All you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Go to www.snowmageddoncleanup.com/reports/submit
- Post your request for help using a title in this format: “School: Washington Elementary School” or “Church: Episcopal Church of Washington”
- Make sure to specify clearly what your needs are in the body of your report (example: “We’ve got snow covering all our walkways, we need snowblowers and shovels”) and include your location in your report and using the map function. Also, clearly state when you need people to arrive for help this weekend (example: “we’re looking for 10 people from the neighborhood to come help at 10am on Saturday”).
- After your report is approved by our team, you can use the link to your report to spread the word. We’ll do the same on Twitter (using the #72scu hashtag) and on our Facebook Fan page.
- Keep checking the comments in your report, and encourage others to post their attendance in the comments of your report.
We’ll take these reports and highlight them on Twitter, Facebook, and the Web site! Let’s clean up our schools, churches, and synagogues one snow shovel at a time!
Nonprofit news, strategy, and tactics sent straight to your inbox
Sign up for the Soapbox Engage newsletter
This entry was posted on Friday, February 12th, 2010 at 10:16 am and is filed under nptech, open source. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.