It seems we’ve caught lighting in a bottle here at PICnet. During the course of the past two days, we’ve been honored to have our SnowmageddonCleanUp.com Web site covered in a diverse and wide array of media outlets. We’re hoping that this outreach will help the DC residents learn about this site and extend a helping hand to their neighbors.
Here’s a few of our favorite hits thus far.
- Washington Post partners with us on their special Snowmageddon Cleanup Web site.
- NPR affiliate (WAMU 88.5 FM) in Washington DC, Kojo Nnamdi Show: I was pleased to have House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer as my lead into Kojo’s interview with me (skip to 10:40).
- Wired Magazine: Snowmageddon Site Crowdsources Blizzard Cleanup
- NOS Journaal op 3, the Dutch national television news broadcaster: Video interview at about 7:00 in this clip.
- FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate on Twitter
- New York Times covers our efforts, writes about the open source software we used, saying, “Think about that. The capital of the sole superpower is deluged with snow, and to whom does its local newspaper turn to help dig out? Kenya.”
Nonprofit news, strategy, and tactics sent straight to your inbox
Sign up for the Soapbox Engage newsletter
This entry was posted on Friday, February 12th, 2010 at 8:51 am and is filed under open source. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.