Since 2006, our robust Non-Profit Soapbox platform has served more than 350 organizations, empowering them with the quality, easy-to-use, flexible, affordable (we could go on…) web tools they need to carry out their missions. Soapbox has gone through several important milestones in its history:
2006: launch of the non-profit community’s very own hosted web platform, Soapbox 1.0, optimized for their specific needs, based on years of best practice captured by PICnetters
2008: launch of Soapbox 2.0, the next-generation of Soapbox goodness with a slew of hot new features: an upgraded CMS framework, integration with Google Analytics, human readable URLs, and more
2010: development of Soapbox integration with the world’s leading CRM tool, Salesforce.com. Non-profits are no longer left behind in the wake of technological advancements, and instead they now enjoy a full-fledged integration of a website CMS with Salesforce for donations, events, and more.
2011: beta launch of Soapbox Engage, bringing the power of Salesforce-integrated websites to the masses
Technology advances so quickly that sometimes it’s fun to stop and take a look back at how far we’ve come—for the web as a whole and for our beloved Soapbox platform in particular. Here’s a trip down memory lane for the recently upgraded Virginia Water Environment Association (VWEA) website. We’re super thrilled to have grown up alongside VWEA, and even more excited to upgrade them a new site!
Virginia Water Environment Association (VWEA)
One of the first Soapbox clients ever, VWEA is dedicated to preserving and enhancing Virginia’s water environment, now and for future generations. But their commitment to preservation doesn’t extend to the digital world; in fact they wholeheartedly embraced the new features bestowed upon them by Soapbox 2.0. In addition to some good lookin’ design updates, here’s a few technical upgrades they are currently enjoying:
- Integrated Taxonomy – allows you to easily filter and tag all your content from a master list of keywords/terms
- Google Analytics integration – allows you to track standard metrics tracked by Google including page views, bounce rates and time on site as well as Soapbox-specific enhancements such as file downloads, email links, and exit links to external sites
- Enhanced Content Editor – easily create and edit articles without complicated HTML
- Useful Article Templates – allows you to create a standard layout for an article format that you will use often, great time saver!
- Commenting Functionality – allow users to comment on your news articles or blog
- and last but not least, Soapbox Slideshow – create and control your own slideshow of rotating images with captions on your homepage or any subpage. For more examples of Soapbox Slideshow, see:
Read about our Soapbox 2.0 features to learn how your organization can benefit from our modern tools.
If you are currently a Soapbox 1.0 client and would like to take advantage of these fabulous new features,
Congratulations to VWEA on their stellar new website!
Nonprofit news, strategy, and tactics sent straight to your inbox
Sign up for the Soapbox Engage newsletter
This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 5th, 2011 at 12:04 pm and is filed under CMS, design, Non-Profit Soapbox, portfolio, upgrade. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.