Hello! My name is Derek and I am proud to say that I am the newest addition to the PICnet team. Today officially marks my second day with the PICnet crew in Washington, DC as a Project Manager, and I could not be more excited to be a PICnetter! I am very much looking forward to helping our clients build and manage their Soapbox sites.
I am yet another accidental techie in the ranks here at PICnet, having been exposed to the tech world during my AmeriCorps VISTA service term last year. I am a surfer at heart and I love the outdoors and eating burritos. Here’s a quick list of some of my favorite things:
- Fast Company – my source for all things innovative and tech
- The Surfer’s Journal – this is how I fulfill my desire to be in the ocean while living in DC; incredible publication with extremely high quality articles and photography
- Permaculture/Resiliency – my vision for the future, design governed by principles found in nature
- Good – my “go-to” for inspirational ideas that have an impact
- Dawes – my favorite band right now and in my opinion, some of the best songwriters in the business today
Nonprofit news, strategy, and tactics sent straight to your inbox
Sign up for the Soapbox Engage newsletter
This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 11th, 2012 at 10:22 am and is filed under nptech, picnetters. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.